1. Visits are held at the BenzieCounty Jail two (2) days each week to permit inmates to visit with family members and friends. Saturday and Sunday 9:00AM – 12:00Noon and 12:30PM – 3:30PM.
2. Visits are fifty (50) minutes long.
3. Inmates are limited to two visitors per visit, inclusive of infants.
4. No visitors under the age of seventeen (17) will be allowed to visit without being accompanied by their legal guardian.
5. All visitors will be required to show proof of their identity.
6. All visitors are required to register at the dispatch window. Sign next to inmates’ name and phone the control room to advise they are there and who they want to visit.
7. All visitors are required to turn over all funds, clothing, and legal papers for inmates to the control room before visiting. All letters must be sent through the mail.
8. Visitors are subject to search by jail personnel.
9. Any visitor who brings or attempts to bring, any item of contraband into the jail will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
10. Visitors who are intoxicated or acting out will not be permitted to visit with any inmate(s).
11. Inmates and visitors will conduct themselves appropriately at all times. When an inmate or visitor does not conduct himself/herself properly, the supervising officer will discontinue the visit & ask the visitor to leave.
12. All visitors will leave the visiting area when told to do so by the supervising officer.
13. Professional visits (attorneys, clergy, etc.) may visit at any reasonable time, excluding meal time.
14. Visitors and inmates must be fully dressed and remain so during the duration of the visit.
15. Children are not allowed to stand or sit on counter in the visiting booth.