The County Administrator serves at the will of the Board of Commissioners. It is the role of the County Administrator's Office to provide effective government services while providing professional, administrative and quality customer service to the public, law enforcement agencies and other county departments. The County Administrator is responsible for coordinating departmental activities, studying administrative procedures and policy, and recommending changes to improve the operations of County Government. Administration reviews budget requests and makes recommendations to the Board of Commissioners.
- Employment Recruitment and Retention - Employment Applications
- Annual budget preparation and distribution
- Liaison to Board of Commissioners with the public
- Communicate and coordinate all County Board policies and decisions to all affected departments. Cooperates with department heads and elected officials to insure such policies and decisions are carried out as defined.
- Act as a communication link between the County Board of Commissioners, other governmental units, department heads, elected officials, various County organizations.
- Implements County Board approval of methods or operational changes, assist departments to institute said changes.
- Assists with County Committees
- Plans, coordinates and submits annual operating and capital budgets to the Board of Commissioners. Maintains and updates current budgets.
- Insures that an accounting system is implemented and properly observed by all County offices, officers, and departments.
- Oversees and responsible for maintenance and repair of County Courthouse, grounds, and other County owned facilities.
- Negotiates labor contracts with county bargaining units
- Maintains accounts payable.
- Administers County employee fringe benefit programs, payroll, and personnel records
- Oversees the Maintenance Department and all appointed Department Leaders
- Oversees the operations of the Animal Control Office
- FOIA Policy, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Public Summary of FOIA Procedures and Guidelines
- FOIA Fee, Appeal Form
- Request for Public Records
Benzie County Strategic Plan
- County Incentive Plan (Budget) Report 2014
- County Incentive Plan (Budget) Report 2015
- County Incentive Plan (Budget) Report 2016
- County Incentive Plan (Budget) Report 2017
- County Incentive Plan (Budget) Report 2018
- County Incentive Plan (Budget) Report 2019
- County Inventive Plan (Budget) Report 2020
- County Inventive Plan (Budget) Report 2021
- Fiscal Year 2017 Local Retirement Reporting Corrective Action Plan
- Benzie County FY 2022/23 Budget
- Benzie County FY 2021/22 Budget
- Benzie County FY 2020/21 Budget
- Benzie County FY 2019/20 Budget
- Budget at a Glance 2016-2017
- Budget at a Glance 2017-2018
- Budget at a Glance 2019/2020
- Municipal Analytics Report
Please note: Original forms with signatures are required to be submitted to Human Resources and verification will be required before any changes are made to the employment file.